An Easy-to-Follow Study Guide for Solar Electric Certification Programs by Jay Warmke
- Chapter Objectives
- 200 Chapter Review Questions
- 23 Hands-On Labs
- 173 Illustrations and Tables
- Easy-to-Read narrative
- Highlighted and Indexed Terms
NEW in this Update:
- expanded grounding and bonding section
- calculating unusual loads
- MPPT charge controllers expanded
- grounded vs ungrounded inverters explained
- expanded safety section
- additional International Fire Code requirements
- 23 additional illustrations/tables
Price $59.99 US *
(for paper version)
(Just to give you a taste of what you will be getting)
- Classroom Power Points available that correspond to the text
- FREE Desk Copies available for review (simply contact us at
- Detailed answer keys for practice problems,
- Dozens of practice scenarios with answer key,
- Lab instruction and notes.
- Lab kits are also available.
- Updated annually.
- Electronic versions available.
Table of Contents:
This 268-page textbook includes the following chapters:
- Introduction to Photovoltaics
- Solar Cells and Solar Modules
- Types of Photovoltaic Systems
- Basic Electrical Concepts
- Parts of the PV System
- Conducting a Site Survey
- Designing the System
- Installing the Balance of Systems
- Testing and Commissioning the System
- System Maintenance and Troubleshooting
UPDATED February 2016!
Field tested by hundreds of students in schools around the U.S., this easy-to-follow text is designed to take an extremely "non-technical" student with zero background in PV, and literally teach them how to design and install a variety of residential PV systems.
This text is also designed to help prepare students who wish to sit for industry-accepted certification programs such as the ETA Level 1 PV Certification or the NABCEP PV Certificate Program. Each chapter contains multiple choice review questions, as well as labs that comply with "hands-on" requirement of the ETA certification.
Table of Contents: This 268-page textbook includes the following chapters:
* Introduction to Photovoltaics
* Solar Cells and Solar Modules
* Types of Photovoltaic Systems
* Basic Electrical Concepts
* Parts of the PV System
* Conducting a Site Survey
* Designing the System
* Installing the Balance of Systems
* Testing and Commissioning the System
* System Maintenance and Troubleshooting
* Chapter Objectives
* 200 Chapter Review Questions
* 23 Hands-On Labs
* 173 Illustrations and Tables
* Easy-to-Read narrative
* Highlighted and Indexed Terms
* Updated with Changes from the 2014 NEC
* Plus shipping ($4.00 within US/Canada/Mexico). A 7% sales tax will be added for Ohio residents.