Tour Date: April 30th, 2022 – begins at 1 pm
This tour will include a walk about the grounds, exploring the various buildings and features of Blue Rock Station (more detail about what you will see on the tour).
This tour is for adults and children above age 12 and will focus more deeply on goats and kidding (the spring kids should be about a month old at this point). Everything begins at the barn with an overall view of our work with livestock as it applies to goats and kidding season.
This is the muddy season so plan to dress warmly and be prepare to walk about the grounds, exploring the various buildings and features with sturdy shoes that can get dirty.
What you will learn:
- A few of the basics of goat herding
- How baby goats are nurtured and acclimated in the herd
- A few basic remedies for goat health challenges
- How to select the near-perfect goat or kid
- And lots of things you never knew you needed to know about reuse and repurposing
Open day tour fees are $20.00 per person (infants and toddlers under 5 are free but this is really not an event intended for children). Tours take about 3 hours (sometimes longer if there are lots of questions) and will include some light refreshments. Tours begin promptly at 1 p.m.
Open day tours are limited to 25 people (we can handle larger groups for a private group tour but really would rather not). Please ensure you will be able to go on the tour before purchasing your ticket. Most tours sell out well in advance and if your plans change and you can’t make it, let us know so we can give someone else a chance.
Tentative 2022 Tour Dates (all Saturdays): (In the age of Covid, everything is tentative)
- March 12th, 2022 – (Gardens and Plants)
- April 30th, 2022 – (Goats and Kidding)
- June 18th, 2022 – (Reuse and Repurpose)
- September 17th, 2022 – (Harvesting)
- November 12th, 2022 – (Sustainable Holidays)
If you have questions about tour availability or problems registering, call us at 740-674-4300. Ensure your spot by registering through the date link above.*
Tours begin at 1 pm and usually end around 4 pm.
$20.00 per person (children 5 and under free, although this tour is not designed for children)
(*by registering, you agree to the terms outlined in the Waiver of Liability)